Top 5 things to do in Byron Bay, Brunswick Heads & Surrounds
It's been a crazy time with border closures lock downs and the spread of Covid-19 in Australia and across the world but now things are looking optimistic on the tourism front and we are open and running cruises again. We have had such wonderful support from locals and we'd like to thank all who have supported us through difficult times.
Whether you're a local or a visitor to the Byron Shire, there is so much to explore, see and do ...
Fact: The Byron Shire has many beautiful town and villages, lovely country landscapes,
amazing National Parks and the areas best river, the beautiful Brunswick River at Brunswick Heads, 20 minutes from Byron Bay.
1. The best way to experience the beautiful Brunswick River is to come on an Eco Rainforest River Cruise for a relaxing nature based experience and learn about some of the local history, stories and environment as well as viewing amazing wildlife.
2. Bangalow is an historic village 20 minutes from Byron with that old fashion feel, great shopping and excellent cafes all within an easy stroll along the main street.
3. Mullumbimby, 25 minutes from Byron Bay, is a lovely town at the base of the mountains with a real hippy feel to it. Visit the Farmers Markets on a Friday morning, many interest shops in the town, great cafés and it has a fantastic Historical Museum open on Fridays. An alternative drive is via Coolamon Scenic Drive where you can stop at the lookout with the best views over Byron Bay and the coastline to the Gold Coast and then enjoy a scenic drive through the countryside. Crystal Castle is a great add on for a day out in the Mullumbimby area.
4. Billinudgel, 30 minutes from Byron Bay, is a one street village that is totally the opposite to Byron Bay with an original old pub which has tasty counter lunches which you can enjoy in the large beer garden – very, very old school.
5. Brunswick Heads and Ocean Shores have the Best little kids beach & park. Torakina Beach is just inside the beautiful Brunswick River and is the area’s safest beach, ideal for little people. Waterlily Park in Ocean Shores is the area’s best park, with great a flying fox suitable for kids and adults and plenty of other kids play equipment, a lagoon with waterbirds, trees to climb and a nice walking path. The park uses wood and rocks instead of plastic, giving the kids a more natural experience.
Enjoy exploring our amazing shire, you'll need at least a week - there's so much to see and do!